Acupuncture at Aldergrove Physiotherapy
Acupuncture comes to the Western world from Ancient China. Over the past few decades, Acupuncture treatments have been incorporated into more physiotherapy treatment plans. Your physiotherapist at Aldergrove Physiotherapy may recommend Acupuncture as a supplemental therapy to promote rapid healing and full recovery.
What is Acupuncture?
Acupuncture helps manage pain and soft tissue injuries by enhancing your body’s natural healing response. Pain reduces as your physiotherapist stimulates your body to release natural pain-relieving chemicals. These endorphins, melatonin, and serotonin assist you in healing, usually supporting other physiotherapy modalities.
How Does Acupuncture Work?
Acupuncture treatments restore your normal energy balance with very fine needles your physiotherapist inserts through the skin and tissues. These tiny needles balance “meridians” in your body, which reduces pain. When your body feels less pain, balance is more easily restored for faster, more complete healing processes.
Is Acupuncture Painful?
No. Most patients notice sensations, but they should not be painful. Acupuncture needles are super thin and flexible, so many people don’t feel them at all. Some people feel only a sensation when inserted. Our registered physiotherapists at Aldergrove Physiotherapy are professionally trained to provide painless acupuncture treatments.
Benefits of Acupuncture at Aldergrove Physiotherapy
Acupuncture is commonly integrated into a complete physiotherapy recovery plan. Your physiotherapist at Aldergrove Physiotherapy may recommend Acupuncture:
- For Stress Reduction – Many patients find acupuncture treatments lower stress hormones, reduce anxiety, moderate mood, and improve feelings of well-being.
- To Reduce Pain – Acupuncture provides drug-free relief from back pain, joint pain, and neck tension, reduces swelling, and inflammation.
- For Headaches – Many patients at Aldergrove Physiotherapy are happy with Acupuncture’s effects on headaches and migraines.
- To Support Your Immune System – Acupuncture helps boost your immune system, often reducing the duration and relieving symptoms.
- For Greater Mental Clarity, Energy, and Better Sleep – Acupuncture helps balance your system for more acuity, energy, and sleep.
- To Treat Repetitive Strains – Acupuncture supports the healing of repetitive stress injuries, potentially eliminating the need for drugs or surgery.
Acupuncture’s most common side effect is relaxation and a sense of euphoria!
What to Expect During Your Acupuncture Treatment at Aldergrove Physiotherapy
Your physiotherapist at Aldergrove Physiotherapy uses single-use, pre-sterilized needles. After insertion, you rest quietly for 20 to 30 minutes.
You’ll probably need about three sessions, but many patients at Aldergrove Physiotherapy notice an immediate improvement. Results do add up, and pain reduces as you have more treatments.
Book an Acupuncture Appointment at Aldergrove Physiotherapy
Acupuncture at Aldergrove Physiotherapy can reduce pain, stimulate healing, and improve your mobility. So, call us today to see how Acupuncture can help you.